Valentine Cupcakes for Valentine's Day which is a day for sweet treats and expressions of love. What better way to convey both of these sentiments than with Valentine cupcakes? These tasty treats ooze romance - especially when they're prepared with love. Let's take a look at a few fun Valentine's Day cupcake ideas:
- Love Bug Cupcakes - When filling the liners, add a little more batter than usual so the cupcakes bake with a dome-shaped top. Ice with a smooth finish, and decorate with mini candies for eyes and rope licorice antennae.
- Conversation Heart Cupcakes - Frost cupcakes in cool pastel hues, and then pipe on conversation heart sayings, such as
Cutie Pie, and
Be Mine with red icing. Or, layer conversation heart candies in decadent icing swirls.
- XOXO Cupcakes - Apply a smooth icing base, and then pipe on Xs and Os using an icing bag. Or, decorate with mini Red Hot candies, elegant silver dragees, or edible icing pearls.
- Heart Cupcakes - Make fantastic heart-shaped cupcakes by inserting a marble-sized ball of aluminum foil on one side of the liner to form the heart's divot. To make flat cupcakes reminiscent of conversation hearts, fill liners one-half full and adjust to a shorter baking time.
- Rose Bouquet Cupcakes - After topping mini cupcakes with a smooth icing base, unroll cherry fruit leather and divide in half lengthwise. Coil the fruit leather tightly to form the rose's center, and then follow with several loose wraps to shape the flower's petals.
Red velvet recipes provide the perfect hue for Valentine's confections. For more decadent cupcakes, opt for filled cupcake recipes that call for rich ganache, liquor, or luscious fruits.
Whatever cupcake design you choose, your sweetie is sure to enjoy this tasty treat. As the saying goes, love is sweet-and this is especially true when you express your adoration with a beautifully decorated cupcake.
Copyright © 2014 Fun Cupcake Ideas. All rights reserved.