Cupcake Birthday Cake
For a birthday treat that's as easy to make as it is to serve, it's hard to top a cupcake birthday cake.
To make, arrange cupcakes in the desired shape, pushing close together to avoid gaps. Then, frost and decorate the cupcake cluster with spray-on icing, edible and non-edible decorations, or gel and piped icing-just as if you were icing a sheet cake. When it's time to serve, pull a cupcake from the arrangement and the icing will follow. What could be simpler than that?
Regardless of your party's theme, there's sure to be a birthday cupcake cake to suit your celebration. Here are a few simple-to-make shapes to get you started:
- Mickey Mouse - Perfect for a Mouseketeer celebration
- Superheroes - Sure to please the Spidey, Batman, or Superman fan
- Sports balls - Ideal for the budding athlete or armchair quarterback
- Caterpillars - Write a letter on each segment to spell out a birthday message
- Flags - The perfect accompaniment for patriotic birthday celebrations
- Teddy Bears - A sweet treat for baby's 1st birthday
- Butterflies - Perfect for the birthday princess
For added fun, prepare the cupcake cake using a variety of recipes, baking each flavor in a different cupcake liner. That way, when it's time to serve, everyone can enjoy their favorite dessert.
With so many edible and non-edible decorations and brilliantly colored frostings to choose from, birthday cupcake cakes are as much fun to look at as they are to eat. With a little patience and creativity, it's a breeze to make a cupcake birthday cake that will solicit smiles and rave reviews. Enjoy treating guests - and the guest of honor - to these delicious, fun, and easy-to-eat confections at your next birthday celebration.
Kids Birthday Cupcakes
More Cupcake Cakes